This project is read-only.

Small problem in Sharpdevelop 2

Topics: User Forum
Oct 26, 2006 at 6:50 PM
This is my first post so I apologize if I make mistakes.
Previous version of Ascend controls worked well in sharpdevelop 2 both at design and runtime, but with latest version what is missing is the design time appearance.
If I drag and drop any Ascend control onto the form the control appears in the component bar...
In visual studio 2005 everything works fine.
thanks in advance.

Oct 27, 2006 at 1:27 AM
This discussion has been copied to Work Item 4830. You may wish to continue further discussion there.
Oct 27, 2006 at 1:34 AM
I put this into the work items so it wouldn't get forgotten.

I noticed this when version 2 of SharpDevelope released a new beta a while back. I figured it was a bug in that beta and never got back to testing in it again. I think I know what happened and I will test to confirm tonight.

Thanks,
Scorn

Oct 29, 2006 at 5:02 AM
Just a quick update on this.

I've found the problem and I posted a question to the SharpDevelop people to see if we can get it resolved. I'll keep you up to date.

Thanks,
Scott
Oct 30, 2006 at 5:08 PM
Thanks a lot!
^_^
Nov 14, 2006 at 6:58 PM
The guys at SharpDevelop did not answer my question. I have changed how the release will be compiled to make it work with SharpDevelop. There will be a new version in a couple of weeks.

Thanks,
Scott
Nov 15, 2006 at 4:41 PM
It seems they're very busy with the beta2 of sharpdevelop 2.1
I'm very happy you fixed it.
Thanx again.
By the way it is a very nice and good job!!!
Ciao :)
Sep 26, 2007 at 4:25 AM
The control doesn't display in the Designer in SharpDevelop 2.2 with the latest release of AscendNet controls.