Fisheye Control

Topics: Community Requested Controls
Sep 8, 2006 at 8:23 PM
I think a neat control to add would be something like we see in Mac OSX - the fisheye navigation control. You can see it also at the dojo project: http://dojotoolkit.org/
Coordinator
Sep 9, 2006 at 1:02 PM
I like that control. :-) Off hand it doesn’t seem too hard to implement. I think I’ll add it to my list of controls to do in the near future.

Thanks,
Scorn
Sep 11, 2006 at 5:16 PM
Just off the top of your head, any ideas on how you will implement it? I've been looking for some open-source fisheye-like control and haven't found any. Have you seen or heard of anything out there?
Coordinator
Sep 12, 2006 at 4:39 PM
I’ve not heard of anyone doing this control. I may find that GDI+ cannot scale the image smoothly enough but the challenge sounds fun.

I will work on a design soon. A custom render on the stock toolbar may be doable but may not be the way to go. I will have to do a proof on concept before I know what can and can’t be done.

I’m afraid progress on the controls has slowed considerably in the last 2 months. My day job has expanded to most waking hours in order to meet a deadline. This will be over (I think) by the end of the month and I can get back to what I enjoy, working on the controls.

Thanks,
Scorn