This project is read-only.

Does GradientSplitBar have the same basic behaviour as the splitter

Topics: User Forum
Aug 15, 2006 at 9:40 AM
Hi, I just started playing around with Ascend.Net and it looks fantastic, and everything works as advertised, but...
When I tried to use the GradientSplitBar it doesn't behave as I would expect a splitter to, i.e. it doesn't respond to drag events by re-sizing the control that it is docked to the right of (unlike a regular windows forms splitter). Am I missing something or is this a fault?
Thanks,
Mat
Aug 15, 2006 at 2:26 PM
No, sorry, it’s just a control that looks like a split bar. I should have named it something else. I've used it as a part of larger controls. The NavigationPane would be the only public one.

I’ve considered making it an actual split bar control much like the old 1.1 control. I’ve also considered making a gradient split container control that could show this type of splitter. Neither would be a large amount of work. Do you think either would be worth the effort?

Thanks,
Scorn
Aug 16, 2006 at 12:19 PM
I'll can bo work on a SplitContainer (same behavior than System.Windows.Forms.SplitContainer)...

Sébastien.
Aug 16, 2006 at 2:01 PM
Sounds great Sébastien. I'm thinking the panel could have the gradient rendering available and the split bar can have this split bar rendering if wanted. :-)
Aug 17, 2006 at 12:07 PM
A SplitContainer control would really be great to have. I find that it is one of the controls I use most often. So please make a Gradient version of this using the GradientSplitBar control.