Small problem in Sharpdevelop 2

Topics: User Forum
Oct 26, 2006 at 5:50 PM
This is my first post so I apologize if I make mistakes.
Previous version of Ascend controls worked well in sharpdevelop 2 both at design and runtime, but with latest version what is missing is the design time appearance.
If I drag and drop any Ascend control onto the form the control appears in the component bar...
In visual studio 2005 everything works fine.
thanks in advance.

Coordinator
Oct 27, 2006 at 12:27 AM
This discussion has been copied to Work Item 4830. You may wish to continue further discussion there.
Coordinator
Oct 27, 2006 at 12:34 AM
I put this into the work items so it wouldn't get forgotten.

I noticed this when version 2 of SharpDevelope released a new beta a while back. I figured it was a bug in that beta and never got back to testing in it again. I think I know what happened and I will test to confirm tonight.

Thanks,
Scorn

Coordinator
Oct 29, 2006 at 4:02 AM
Just a quick update on this.

I've found the problem and I posted a question to the SharpDevelop people to see if we can get it resolved. I'll keep you up to date.

Thanks,
Scott
Oct 30, 2006 at 4:08 PM
Thanks a lot!
^_^
Coordinator
Nov 14, 2006 at 5:58 PM
The guys at SharpDevelop did not answer my question. I have changed how the release will be compiled to make it work with SharpDevelop. There will be a new version in a couple of weeks.

Thanks,
Scott
Nov 15, 2006 at 3:41 PM
It seems they're very busy with the beta2 of sharpdevelop 2.1
I'm very happy you fixed it.
Thanx again.
By the way it is a very nice and good job!!!
Ciao :)
Sep 26, 2007 at 3:25 AM
The control doesn't display in the Designer in SharpDevelop 2.2 with the latest release of AscendNet controls.